Chuck Swindoll Biography
Charles Rozell “Chuck” Swindoll is an evangelical Christian pastor, educator, author and radio preacher. Swindoll founded Insight for Living, headquartered in Frisco, Texas, which airs a radio program of the same name on more than 2,000 stations around the world in 15 languages. Swindoll is currently senior pastor at Stonebriar Community Church, in Frisco, Texas.Chuck Swindoll
Chuck Swindoll Age
Charles Rozell Swindoll was born on October 18, 1934El Campo, Wharton County Texas, U.S. He is [agecalc birthdate=1934-10-18] old.
Chuck Swindoll Net Worth
Charles Rozell Swindoll has a net worth of $5 Millions and recieves an annual salary of $100,000 U.S dollars.
Chuck Swindoll Church
Swindoll is currently senior pastor at Stonebriar Community a nondenominational evangelical Christian church in Frisco, Texas, a northern suburb of Dallas, Texas. The church was founded in 1998 by a group of individuals including Senior Pastor Chuck Swindoll, whose sermons are broadcast worldwide on the radio program Insight for Living.
Chuck Swindoll Wife
Swindoll married Cynthia Ann Parker on June 18, 1955, who used to be the pianist at a Baptist Church in Galena Park, Texas. The duo has four children, ten grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Chuck Swindoll Family
Born in El Campo in Wharton County, Texas, Charles Rozell Swindoll is the third of three children born to Earl and Lovell Swindoll. He went to Charles H. Milby High School in Houston. Swindoll credits his drama teacher, Dick Nieme, for helping him overcome severe stuttering. As a member of the school marching band and orchestra, he learned to play all of the instruments in the woodwind section, although the saxophone remained his primary instrument.
Chuck Swindoll Education
After graduating from high school, Swindoll studied mechanical engineering while working for Reed Roller Bit Company in Houston, Texas. He then fulfilled his military service obligation with the United States Marine Corps, first in San Francisco, then on the Japanese island of Okinawa. In 1959, after his honorable discharge, he went to Dallas Theological Seminary, where he graduated magna cum laude four years later.
Chuck Swindoll Radio
He is the founder of Insight for Living, which produces a radio program of the same name on Christian and non-Christian radio stations around the world. The radio program is heard on more than 2000 stations and also being webcast and is translated into several languages. Its roots go back to the summer of 1977, when Swindoll’s sermons from the First Evangelical Free Church in Fullerton were broadcast on radio. The Insight for Living radio ministry began its offices in 1979 which are now located in Frisco.
Chuck Swindoll Career
In 1963, Swindoll was ordained into the ministry and served in Dallas, under J. Dwight Pentecost, for two years. He has since held senior pastorates in Waltham, Massachusetts (1965–1967), Irving, Texas (1967–1971) and Fullerton, California (1971–1994). He began his current senior pastorate in Frisco, Texas in 1998.
Swindoll became the president of Dallas Theological Seminary in July 1994 and now serves as its chancellor. He is the author of more than 70 books, most of which are based on his research and preparation for sermons preached each Sunday. In celebration of its 50th anniversary, Christianity Today produced an article naming Swindoll as one of the top 25 most influential preachers of the past 50 years from 1956 to 2006.
Swindoll founded Stonebriar Community Church in 1998 in Frisco. Many of the pastors at Stonebriar are graduates of Dallas Theological Seminary. At first, the church held services at Collin County Community College (now Collin College), then moved to its permanent home on Legendary Drive. The congregation grew rapidly from a few hundred members to several thousand in the first few years and this growth has necessitated major expansion of the current facility. Construction for the additions started in 2005.
The church is known for its missionary work in India and in other countries. Though Swindoll is still widely regarded as an Evangelical Free Church of America preacher, the Stonebriar Community Church is not affiliated with any particular denomination.
Chuck Swindoll Quotes
- Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
- Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
- We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.
- The remarkable thing is, we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.
- A family is a place where principles are hammered and honed on the anvil of everyday living.
- When you have vision it affects your attitude. Your attitude is optimistic rather than pessimistic.
- The swift wind of compromise is a lot more devastating than the sudden jolt of misfortune.
- When I think of vision, I have in mind the ability to see above and beyond the majority.
Chuck Swindoll Books
- Hand Me Another Brick, Thomas Nelson (1978)
- You And Your Child, Thomas Nelson (1977)
- Three Steps Forward, Two Steps Back: Persevering Through Pressure, Thomas Nelson (1980)
- Strike The Original Match, Multnomah (1980)
- Improving Your Serve: The Art Of Unselfish Living, Word (1981)
- Strengthening Your Grip: Essentials In An Aimless World, Word (1982)
- Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life, Multnomah (1983)
- Dropping Your Guard: The Value Of Open Relationships, Word (1983)
- Come Before Winter – And Share My Hope, Multnomah (1985)
- Living on the Ragged Edge: Coming To Terms With Reality, Word (1985)
- Growing Deep In The Christian Life: Returning To Our Roots, Multnomah (1986)
- The Quest For Character, Multnomah (1987)
- Living Above The Level of Mediocrity : A Commitment To Excellence, Word (1987)
- Growing Wise in Family Life, Multnomah (1988)
- Living Beyond The Daily Grind: Reflections On The Songs And Sayings In Scripture, Word (1988)
- Rise & Shine: A Wake-Up Call, Multnomah (1989)
- The Grace Awakening, Word (1990)
- Sanctity Of Life: The Inescapable Issue, Word (1990)
- Stress Fractures, Multnomah (1990)
- Simple Faith, Word (1991)
- Laugh Again, Word (1992)
- Flying Closer to the Flame, Word (1993)
- The Finishing Touch, Word (1994)
- Paw Paw Chuck’s Big Ideas in the Bible, Word (1995)
- Hope Again, Word (1996)
- The Road To Armageddon (with John F Walvoord; J Dwight Pentecost), Word (1999)
- Start Where You Are: Catch A Fresh Vision For Your Life, Word (1999)
- The Mystery Of God’s Will: What Does He Want For Me?, Word (1999)
- Intimacy With The Almighty, Word Publishing (1996)
- Perfect Trust: Ears To Hear, Hearts To Trust, And Minds To Rest In Him, J. Countryman (2000)
- The Darkness And The Dawn : Empowered By The Tragedy And Triumph Of The Cross, Word (2001)
- Why, God?: Calming Words For Chaotic Times, Word (2001)
- Wisdom For The Way: Wise Words For Busy People, J. Countryman (2001)
- Understanding Christian Theology (with Roy B. Zuck), Thomas Nelson (2003)
- Behold—The Man!: The Pathway Of His Passion, Word (2004)
- So, You Want To Be Like Christ?: Eight Essentials To Get You There, Word (2005)
- When God Is Silent (Choosing To Trust In Life’s Trials), J. Countryman (2005)
- Great Attitudes For Graduates!: 10 Choices For Success In Life (with Terri A. Gibbs), J. Countryman (2006)
- Encouragement For Life: Words Of Hope And Inspiration, J. Countryman (2006) ISBN 978-1-4041-0323-8
- The Strength Of Character: 7 Essential Traits Of A Remarkable Life (with Terri A. Gibbs), J. Countryman (2007)
- A Bethlehem Christmas: Celebrating The Joyful Season, Thomas Nelson (2007)
- The Owner’s Manual for Christians: The Essential Guide for a God-Honoring Life, Thomas Nelson (2009)
- The Church Awakening: An Urgent Call for Renewal, FaithWords (2010)
- Living the Psalms, Worthy Publishing (2012) ISBN 9781936034703
- Living the Proverbs, Worthy Publishing (2012) ISBN 9781936034710
- Hear Me When I Call: Learning to Connect with a God Who Cares, Worthy Publishing (2013)
- Embraced By The Spirit: The Untold Blessings of Intimacy With God, Worthy Publishing (2013)
Swindoll’s New Testament Insights Commentary Series
- Insights on Romans, Zondervan (2010)
- Insights on John, Zondervan (2010)
- Insights on James and 1 & 2 Peter, Zondervan (2010)
- Insights on 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus, Zondervan (2011)
- Insights on Revelation, Zondervan (2012)
- Insights on Luke, Zondervan (2012)
- Profiles in Character series
- David: A Man Of Passion & Destiny, Word (1997)
- Esther: A Woman Of Strength & Dignity, Word (1997)
- Joseph: A Man Of Integrity And Forgiveness, Word (1998)
- Moses: A Man Of Selfless Dedication, Word (1999)
- Elijah: A Man Of Heroism And Humility, Word (2000)
- Paul: A Man Of Grace And Grit, Word (2002)
- Job: A Man Of Heroic Endurance, Word (2004)
- Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives : Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters, Word (2005)
- Jesus: The Greatest Life Of All, Thomas Nelson (2008)
- Abraham: One Nomad’s Amazing Journey of Faith, Tyndale House (2014)
Chuck Swindoll ATTITUDE
Author: Charles Swindoll
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude… I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes”
Note: This biography is based on the available information as of 2023, and real-time updates or developments are being updated by our editorial team.