Last Updated on
Gregory Jbara Biography
Gregory Jbara is an American film, television and stage actor, and singer. He won the 2009 Tony®, Outer Critics Circle and Drama Desk Awards for Best Featured Actor in a Musical originating the role of “Jackie Elliot” in the Broadway production of Billy Elliot. Gregory also starred on Broadway as “Billy Flynn” in the Tony Award winning revival of Chicago. He played the he role of “Andre Thibault” in the Broadway musical comedy Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. It also starred John Lithgow, Norbert Leo Butz, Sherie Rene Scott, Joanna Gleason, and Sara Gettelfinger.
Gregory Jbara Age
Gregory was born on September 28, 1961 in Nankin Township (now Westland), Michigan. He is 57 year s old as of 2018.
Gregory Jbara Family
Gregory was born in Nankin Township (now Westland), Michigan. He is the son of an advertising office manager and an insurance claims adjuster. Gregory is of Lebanese and Irish descent. He graduated from Wayne Memorial High School in Wayne, Michigan. He then attended the University of Michigan from 1979 to 1981. Gregory majored in Communication Studies and took classes in Theatre and Musical Theatre. He left Michigan to attend the Juilliard School’s drama division (1982–1986, Group 15) where he received his Bachelor of Fine Arts degree.
Both of Jbara’s brothers also have careers in the entertainment industry. Mike, formerly President and CEO, WEA Corp., was named President of Alternative Distribution Alliance worldwide in June 2013. Brother Dan has made his career primarily as a reality show producer. Jbara also has a sister, Judy, who is Director of Client Relations for Beer Financial Group.
Gregory Jbara Wife
Gregory now resides with his wife Julie and their sons Zachary and Aidan in Los Angeles.
Gregory Jbara Blue Bloods
One of his prominent TV roles is as NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Public Information Garrett Moore on the CBS drama Blue Bloods (2010–present).
Gregory Jbara Films
- “Les Hirsch” in Remember Me (2010) (with Robert Pattinson)
- “Jack” in Out of Step (written and directed by Eileen Connors)
- “Jerry Yarbro” in Exit Speed (with David Rees Snell, Lea Thompson, and Fred Ward)
- “Hank Messinger” in The First $20 Million Is Always the Hardest (2002) (with Adam
- Garcia, Enrico Colantoni and Ethan Suplee)
- “Snug the Joiner” in A Midsummer Night’s Dream (1999) (with Kevin Kline)
- “Edward” in The Out-of-Towners (1999) (with Steve Martin and Goldie Hawn)
- “Walter Brackett” in In & Out (1997) (with Kevin Kline)
- “Angelique” in Jeffrey (1995) (with Steven Weber and Patrick Stewart)
- Broken City (2013)
- The Mice War (2018) as General Kan (voice)
Gregory Jbara Tv Shows
- “DCPI Garrett Moore” (recurring role) in Blue Bloods
- “Mr. Finn” in Nurse Jackie episode, “Game On”
- “Oscar Newton” in Law & Order episode, “Brilliant Disguise”
- “Stan Lawrence” in Monk episode, “Mr. Monk Gets Lotto Fever”
- “German General,” “German Soldier,” and “German Priest” in Family Guy episode, “Road to Germany”
- “Col. Roger Bright” in The Unit episode, “Paradise Lost”
- “Judge Herman Zemit” in Conviction episode, “True Love”
- “The Tree Trimmer Hero” (voice) in Higglytown Heroes episode, “Kip Gets Swing Fever” 2005
- “Himself/ Narrator” in Ripley’s Believe It or Not! 2000-2003
- “Dan O’Keefe” (recurring role) in Grounded for Life (Seasons 2-5)
- “George Haan” in Century City episode, “Sweet Child of Mine”
- “Gene Lester” (“Pyramid” contestant) in Friends episode, “The One Where the Stripper Cries”
- “Congressman Segal” in The West Wing episode, “Angel Maintenance”
- “Rev. Compton” in Ally McBeal episode, “Reach Out and Touch”
- “Mike” in Malcolm in the Middle episode, “New Neighbors”
- “Jo Jo Regosi” (recurring role) in That’s Life
- “Scott Morgan” in Touched by an Angel episode, “At the End of the Aisle”
- “Director Greg” in Come on Over episode, “Welcome to the Theatre”
Gregory Jbara Career
Gregory originated the role of “Jackie Elliot” (known as “Dad”) in the Broadway production of Billy Elliot the Musical, which opened on November 13, 2008. For his portrayal of “Dad” he received the Outer Critics Circle, Drama Desk, and Tony awards for Best Featured Actor in a Musical during the 2008-2009 Broadway awards season.
On May 5, 2005, Sardi’s caricatures of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels stars Butz, Gleason, Jbara and Scott were unveiled in a ceremony hosted by fellow co-star Sara Gettelfinger. (Scoundrels star John Lithgow had already been caricatured at Sardi’s.) In a 2008 Grand Rapids Press interview, Jbara (noting the importance of being caricatured at the landmark Broadway restaurant) said, “You don’t remember a year later who won the Tonys, but that picture will be in Sardi’s for the rest of my life.”
Jbara received the BackStageWest Garland 2000 Award for his performance in the West Coast premiere of George Furth’s play, Precious Sons, co-starring Nora Dunn, Michael Malota, Ginger Williams and Adam Wylie.
Gregory received a Special Award from the New England Theatre Conference for his achievement in theatre in 2006.
He appeared as TV Land’s on-camera spokesperson in eight different spots featuring three generations sitting on a couch: grandpa (William Severs), father/boomer (Jbara) and teenage son (Dylan Kepp). The spots focused, humorously, on the contrasts among those generations and were first shown on TV Land during the TV Land Awards broadcast on April 22, 2007.
Gregory’s prominent TV roles to date are as Dan O’Keefe in the Fox/WB sitcom Grounded for Life (2002–05) and as NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Public Information Garrett Moore on the CBS drama Blue Bloods (2010–present).
Gregory Jbara Net Worth
Gregory has an estimated net worth of about $2 million with the help of his career.