Last Updated on
Matthew Mcconaughey Biography
Matthew McConaughey born as Matthew David McConaughey is an American actor and producer. He is best known for his breakout role in the coming-of-age comedy Dazed and Confused (1993). He also appeared in the slasher film Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994), A Time to Kill (1996), the comedy film Larger than Life (1996), Steven Spielberg’s historical drama Amistad (1997), the science fiction drama Contact (1997), the comedy EDtv (1999), and the war film U-571 (2000).
McConaughey became best known in the 2000s,for starring in romantic comedies, including The Wedding Planner (2001), How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003), Failure to Launch (2006), Fool’s Gold (2008), and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009). Matthew from 2011, he has preferred dramatic roles, including The Lincoln Lawyer (2011), Bernie (2011), Killer Joe (2011), The Paperboy (2012), Mud (2012), Magic Mike (2012), The Wolf of Wall Street (2013), Interstellar (2014), The Sea of Trees (2016), Free State of Jones (2016).
Matthew in 2013 and 2014 he achieved critical success . He portrayed Ron Woodroof, a cowboy diagnosed with AIDS in the biographical film Dallas Buyers Club in 2013. It earned him the Academy Award, Critics’ Choice Movie Award, Golden Globe Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award, all for Best Actor, among other awards and nominations. He starred as Rust Cohle in the first season of HBO’s crime drama anthology series True Detective in 2014 , for which he won the Critics’ Choice Television Award and TCA Award, and was nominated for the Primetime Emmy Award, Golden Globe Award, and Screen Actors Guild Award.
Outside of film In 2016, Matthew became the creative director for Kentucky Bourbon Distillery, Wild Turkey. He has since produced multiple commercials and short clips. He’s also appeared in multiple commercials.
Matthew Mcconaughey Age
Matthew was born on November 4, 1969 in Uvalde, Texas. He is 50 years old as of year 2019.
Matthew Mcconaughey Height and Weight
Matthew has a height of 6’0” (183 cm) and weighs 82 kg(181 pounds).
Matthew Mcconaughey Family
Matthew was born in Uvalde, Texas. He is a daughter to Mary Kathleen a former kindergarten teacher and published author who taught McConaughey. His mother was originally from Trenton, New Jersey. Matthew’s father, James Donald “Jim” McConaughey, was born in Mississippi in 1929 and raised in Louisiana, where he ran an oil pipe supply business. He played for the Kentucky Wildcats and the Houston Cougars college football teams. Jim was drafted in the 27th round by the NFL’s Green Bay Packers in 1953 . He was released before the season started and never played an official league game in the NFL.
Matthew’s parents married each other three times, having divorced each other twice. He is a brother to two older brothers, Michael and Patrick (who was adopted). His brother Michael, nicknamed “Rooster”, is a self-made millionaire who stars in the CNBC docu-series West Texas Investors Club. As of 2018 he stars in the A&E reality show Rooster & Butch with Wayne (Butch) Gilliam. Matthew’s ancestry includes English, German, Irish, Scottish, and Swedish, with his Irish roots being from the Cavan/Monaghan area. He is a relative of Confederate brigadier general Dandridge McRae. He had a Methodist upbringing.
Is Matthew Mcconaughey Married| Matthew Mcconaughey Wife
Matthew met Camila Alves in 2006. The two got engaged on December 25, 2011, and on June 9, 2012 were married in a private Catholic ceremony, in Austin, Texas, where they reside. The couple has three children: sons Levi Alves McConaughey who was born in July 7, 2008 and Livingston Alves McConaughey who was born in December 28, 2012, and one daughter Vida Alves McConaughey who was born in January 3, 2010.
Matthew Mcconaughey New Movie
- The Gentlemen – 2020
- Serenity 2019
- The Beach Bum 2019
Matthew Mcconaughey 2019
Matthew officially became a professor of practice for the Department of Radio-Television-Film at the Moody College of Communication in his alma mater, UT-Austin in 2019,; he had served as a visiting instructor since 2015. The first two sessions were about the filming of the movie Free State of Jones.
Matthew is a lifelong Redskins fan, having begun following the team because of Chris Hanburger and his support of the Indians in Cowboy and Indian Western Movies. He even claims to have attended the last Redskins game at RFK Stadium and first game at Jack Kent Cooke Stadium as well as the first one at the renamed FedEx Field. He is also a lifelong fan of the Texas Longhorns, the team of his alma mater. He became a minority owner of Austin FC in 2019, a team in Major League Soccer scheduled to begin play in 2021.
Matthew Mcconaughey Films | Matthew Mcconaughey First Movie
Films From Year 2011 To 2019
- 2019 – Serenity Films that have not yet been released as Baker Dill
- 2019 – The Beach Bum Films that have not yet been released as Moondog
- 2018 – White Boy Rick as Wershe Sr.
- 2017 – The Dark Tower as Walter Padick
- 2016 – Free State of Jones as Newton Knight
- 2016 – Kubo and the Two Strings as Beetle/Hanzo (voice)
- 2016 – Sing as Buster Moon (voice)
- 2016 – Gold as Kenny Wells
- 2015 – The Sea of Trees as Arthur Brennan
- 2014 – Interstellar as Cooper
- 2013 – Dallas Buyers Club as Ron Woodroof
- 2013 – The Wolf of Wall Street as Mark Hanna
- 2012 – Mud as Mud
- 2012 – Magic Mike as Dallas
- 2012 – The Paperboy as Ward Jansen
- 2011 – The Lincoln Lawyer as Mickey Haller
- 2011 – Bernie as Danny Buck Davidson
- 2011 – Killer Joe as Killer Joe Cooper
Films From Year 2001 To 2009
- 2009 – Ghosts of Girlfriends Past as Connor Mead
- 2008 – Fool’s Gold as Ben “Finn” Finnegan
- 2008 – Tropic Thunder as Rick Peck
- 2008 – Surfer, Dude as Steve Addington
- 2006 – Failure to Launch as Tripp
- 2006 – We Are Marshall as Jack Lengyel
- 2005 – Sahara as Dirk Pitt
- 2005 – Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon 3D as Al Bean (voice)
- 2005 – Two for the Money as Brandon Lang
- 2003 – How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days as Benjamin Barry
- 2003 – Tiptoes as Steven
- 2002 – Frailty as Fenton/Adam Meiks
- 2002 – Thirteen Conversations About One Thing as Troy
- 2002 – Reign of Fire as Denton Van Zan
- 2001 – The Wedding Planner as Steve Edison
Films From Year 1992 To 2000
- 2000 – U-571 – Lt. Andrew Tyler
- 1999 – EDtv as Ed Pekurny
- 1998 – The Newton Boys as Willis Newton
- 1998 – Making Sandwiches as Bud Hoagie
- 1998 – The Rebel
- 1997 – Contact as Palmer Joss
- 1997 – Amistad as Roger Sherman Baldwin
- 1996 – Lone Star as Buddy Deeds
- 1996 – A Time to Kill as Jake Brigance
- 1996 – Larger than Life as Tip Tucker
- 1996 – Scorpion Spring as El Rojo
- 1995 – Boys on the Side as Officer Abe Lincoln
- 1995 – Glory Daze as Rental Truck Guy
- 1994 – Angels in the Outfield as Ben Williams
- 1994 – Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation as Vilmer Slaughter
- 1993 – My Boyfriend’s Back as Guy #2
- 1993 – Dazed and Confused as David Wooderson
- 1992 – Chicano Chariots
- TBA – Toff Guys Films that have not yet been released
- 2015 – Saturday Night Live as Host
- 2014 – True Detective as Rustin “Rust” Cohle
- 2010–2012 – Eastbound & Down as Roy McDaniel
- 2003 – Saturday Night Live as Host
- 2003 – Freedom: A History of US as Charles Fenno Hoffman / Alexander H. Stephens
- 2000 – Sex and the City – Himself
- 1999 – King of the Hill as Rad Thidbodeaux (voice)
- 1992 – Unsolved Mysteries as Larry Dickens
Matthew Mcconaughey Best Movies
- Interstellar (2014)
- Dallas Buyers Club (2013)
- Mud (2012
- The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)
- A Time to Kill (1996)
- Killer Joe
- Magic Mike
- We Are Marshall (2006)
- Amistad (1997)
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
Matthew Mcconaughey Romance Movies
- How to lose a guy in 10 Days
- Failure to Launch
- The Wedding Planner
- Ghosts of Girlfriends past
- Fool’s Gold
- My boyfriend’s Back
- Lone Star
Matthew Mcconaughey Net Worth
Matthew has an estimated net worth of $95 million. He made his fortune from an illustrious acting career as well as endorsement deals.
Matthew Mcconaughey Dazed And Confused
Matthew was cast in Richard Linklater’s film Dazed and Confused. This is a teen coming-of-age comedy film written and directed by Richard Linklater. It features a large ensemble cast of actors who would later become stars, including Jason London, Ben Affleck, Milla Jovovich, Cole Hauser, Parker Posey, Adam Goldberg, Joey Lauren Adams,, Nicky Katt, and Rory Cochrane. The plot follows various groups of Texas teenagers during the last day of school in 1976.
Matthew Mcconaughey HairMatthew McConaughey Before and After
Matthew Mcconaughey Space Movie | Matthew Mcconaughey Bald
This is a 2014 epic science fiction film directed, co-written, and co-produced by Christopher Nolan. It stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Bill Irwin, Ellen Burstyn, and Michael Caine. Set in a dystopian future where humanity is struggling to survive, the film follows a group of astronauts who travel through a wormhole in search of a new home for humanity.
Actor Matthew Mcconaughey
Matthew started working in television commercials, including one for the Austin, Texas daily newspaper, the Austin American-Statesman, which is credited as his first speaking role. The line, “How else am I gonna keep up with my ‘Horns?” – a reference to his beloved Texas Longhorns sports teams – gave the local community a look at the young actor before he was cast in Richard Linklater’s film Dazed and Confused. In 1992, he was cast as “Joe” in Trisha Yearwood’s music video “Walkaway Joe”.
After some smaller roles in Angels in the Outfield, Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation, Boys on the Side, and the television series Unsolved Mysteries, McConaughey’s big break came as the lawyer Jake Brigance in the film A Time to Kill (1996), based on the John Grisham novel of the same name. Matthew in the late 1990s, he was cast in leading roles in more movies, including Contact, Amistad, The Newton Boys, EDtv and U-571 and since then he has appeared in many films.
Matthew Mcconaughey Workout
Here’s the Monday Matthew workout routine. Matthew does legs abs & cardio as part of his workout routine for Monday. Do Circuit 1 and Circuit 2, then repeat each circuit 2 more times. Then, move on to Circuit 3 (cardio). Gunnar Peterson will switch up the rotation of each exercise in the circuit
McConaughey does chest, shoulders, & cardio as part of his workout routine for Tuesday. Do Circuit 1 through Circuit 3, then repeat each circuit 2 more times. Then, move on to Circuit 4 (cardio). Gunnar Peterson will switch up the rotation of each exercise in the circuit.
Matthew Mcconaughey Diet
To compliment his varied, regular workout routine, Matthew’s diet consists of a lot of high-fiber (low starch) veggies, sustainable proteins and moderate amounts of healthy fats. Matthew is most known for his diet’s role in the movie “Dallas Buyers Club,” wherein he reportedly lost about 50 pounds eating a lot of fish and vegetables.
From that time , Matthew is back to advocating the “80/20 balanced” lifestyle that paleo also promotes at its core (ie. a diet, not a lifestyle) —including a daily glass of wine and whey protein shakes between meals to support his active lifestyle.Matthew McConaughey Photos