Last Updated on
Scott Lawrence Biography
Scott Lawrence is an American actor best known for his role as United States Naval JAG lawyer Cmdr. Sturgis Turner on the CBS series JAG. Lawrence played the role from 2001 until 2005, when the series ended. Scott passion for acting started when he sat in on a friends acting class. This was after he studied electrical engineering for two years at USC.
He was immediately chosen and auditioned for USC’s Bachelor of Fine Arts acting conservatory the next semester. He started over as a freshman and completed the program in 1986. Scott was has appeared in various movies and TV Series. He debuted as a perpetrator defended by James Earl Jones in LA Law. In the late 1980s, he had a recurring role on CBS’ Murphy Brown and in the early 1990s was a semi-regular on the short-lived Whoopi Goldberg series, Bagdad Cafe.
His first film appearance was in the 1990 crime and horror thriller, Unsolved Mysteries the Adam Hecht missing persons case and The First Power with Lou Diamond Phillips and Mykelti Williamson. Scott’s second appearance on screen was in the 1993 horror drama, Doppelganger with Drew Barrymore, Dennis Christopher, and Sally Kellerman. Lawrence also appeared in the Jean-Claude Van Damme vehicle Timecop, Celtic Pride, Turbulence and Howard Stern’s Private Parts.
Lawrence appeared in 76 episodes of JAG, and after JAG, he played the part of a crew chief in the blockbuster film Avatar and as “Maurice” in 2010s The Social Network. Lawrence became the voice of Darth Vader Starting in the mid-1990s, in the Star Wars video game series produced by Lucas Arts Entertainment Company. His last performance in the role was the game Star Wars: Empire at War, after which he was succeeded by Matt Sloan.
He also made an appearance in NCIS, a spin-off of JAG in the Season 8 episode, “A Man Walks Into a Bar…” albeit in a different role and he had a part in The West Wing. He also had a small role in Star Trek Into Darkness, where he played the role of a Section 31 Operative attached to Admiral Marcus. He also played Garon, an alien captain in the Star Trek: Voyager episode The Void. Scott Lawrence also played the role of Doc in the movie The Host. Scott played in Quantum Leap, episode: “Shock Theater: October 3, 1954”.
Scott Lawrence Age
Scott was born in the year 1963 on 27th of November. The actor is 55 years as of 2018.
Scott Lawrence Family
Scott Lawrence was born and raised in Los Angeles. He was born to his parents Gloria Lawrence and Gilbert Lawrence. His father was the executive director of the University of Southern California, Community Services Center, and his mother worked for Operation Breadbasket and other organizations dedicated to improving economic conditions of black communities. He spent most of his childhood with his parents on picket lines campaigning for local civil rights.
Scott Lawrence Married
There is no information regarding his love life. Scott is very secretive when it comes to his personal life. There is no lady that has been linked to him. Even though there is no information about his significant other, he has two children, sons Daniel Lawrence and Morgan Lawrence.Scott Lawrence Photo
Scott Lawrence Movies
- 2019: Stuber as Dr.Branch
- 2015: Quitters as Todd
- 2015: Danny Collins as Dr. Ryan Kurtz
- 2015: Equals as Mark
- 2014: Into the Storm as Principal Thomas Walker
- 2013: The Host as Doc
- 2013: Star Trek Into Darkness as U.S.S. Vengeance Officer
- 2012: A Green Story as Eric
- 2010: The Social Network as Maurice
- 2009: Avatar Venture Star as Crew Chief
- 2008: Cloverfield as Lead Soldier
- 2004: Party Wagon as Lewis Clark Jefferson / Cowpoke #3 (voice)
- 1997: Turbulence as Felix
- 1997: Private Parts as News Guy
- 1996: Lance Livre as Ted Hennison
- 1994: Timecop as George Spota
- 1993: Doppelganger as Male Nurse
- 1993: When the Bough Breaks as Sergeant Footman
- 1992: Ruby Dillon
- 1990: The First Power as Gang Member #2
Scott Lawrence TV Series
- 2018–Present: Star Wars Resistance as Jarek Yeager (voice)
- 2017–2018: Mr. Mercedes as Detective Peter Dixon
- 2017: Legion as Dr. Henry Poole
- 2015: Fear the Walking Dead as Art Costa
- 2011: American Horror Story as Detective Webb
- 2009: American Dad! as (voice)
- 2001-2005: JAG Cmdr. Sturgis Turner
- 2001: Star Trek: Voyager as Garon
- 2001: NYPD Blue as Anthony Mackey
Scott Lawrence Video Games
- 2019: Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series – Episode I Darth Vader (voice)
- 2016: Mafia III Additional voices
- 2008: Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath (voice)
- 2007: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (voice)
- 2006: Star Wars: Empire at War Darth Vader (voice)
- 2005: Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith Darth Vader (voice)
- 2005: EverQuest II: Desert of Flames (voice)
- 2005: Star Wars: Battlefront II as Darth Vader (voice)
- 2003: Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike Darth Vader / Transport Captain 2 (voice)
- 2002: Star Wars Racer Revenge Darth Vader / Anakin Skywalker (voice)
- 2001: Star Trek: Away Team Slovaak (voice)
- 2001: Star Wars: Super Bombad Racing Darth Vader (voice)
- 2001: Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds Darth Vader (voice)
- 2001: Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader Darth Vader (voice)
- 2000: Star Wars: Force Commander as Darth Vader / Rebel Dignitary #1 (voice)
- 1998: Star Wars: Rebellion Darth Vader (voice)
- 1995: Star Wars: Dark Forces Darth Vader (voice)
- 1995: Star Wars: Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire as Darth Vader (voice)
- 1994: Star Wars: TIE Fighter Darth Vader (voice)
- 1993: Ground Zero: Texas as Pike
Scott Lawrence Net Worth
Scott mainly gets his income from his acting roles in different movies, TV series and video games. He has accumulated an estimated net worth of $1.9 million.
Scott Lawrence Jag
Lawrence appeared in 76 episodes of JAG, where he played Sturgis Turner|Seaman Thomas. The TV series focused on the cases of Harmon Rabb, former Navy fighter pilot, and his fellow lawyers of the U.S. Navy’s Judge Advocate General’s office. He featured alongside stars including David James Elliott, Patrick Labyorteaux and Catherine Bell.