Last Updated on
William Hurt Biography
William Hurt is an American actor. He began acting on stage in 1970s after he received his acting training at the Juilliard School. In 1980 William made his film debut as a troubled scientist in Ken Russell’s science-fiction feature Altered States.William Hurt
Following these roles he received a Golden Globe nomination for New Star of the Year. William later played a leading role, as a lawyer who succumbs to the temptations of Kathleen Turner, in the neo-noir Body Heat (1981). He also played another leading role, as Arkady Renko, in Gorky Park (1983).
William gathered critical acclaim and won multiple acting awards, including an Academy Award and a BAFTA Award for Best Actor, for Kiss of the Spider Woman in 1985. For his lead performances in Children of a Lesser God (1986) and Broadcast News (1987)he received another two Academy Award nominations.
William throughout the 1980s he remained an active stage actor , appearing in Off-Broadway productions, including Henry V, Fifth of July, Richard II and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Hurt received his first Tony Award nomination in 1985 for the Broadway production of Hurlyburly.
After playing a variety of character roles in the following decade, william earned his fourth Academy Award nomination for his supporting performance in David Cronenberg’s crime thriller A History of Violence (2005).
His other recognized films in recent years have included A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001), The Village (2004), Syriana (2005), The Good Shepherd (2006), Mr. Brooks (2007), Into the Wild (2007), Robin Hood (2010) and his role as Thunderbolt Ross in The Incredible Hulk (2008), Captain America: Civil War (2016) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018).
William Hurt Age | How Old Is William Hurt
William was born on March 20, 1950 in Washington, D.C. He is 69 years old as of 2019.
William Hurt photo
William Hurt Height | How Tall Is William Hurt
William stands at height of 1.88 m.
William Hurt Family
William was born in Washington, D.C.. He is the son of Claire Isabel (née McGill), who worked at Time Inc., and Alfred McChord Hurt, who worked for the State Department. William together with his father, he lived in Lahore, Mogadishu and Khartoum. After the divorce of his parents his mother married Henry Luce III (a son of publisher Henry Luce) during Hurt’s childhood.
William Hurt Education | William Hurt Young
In 1968 William graduated from Middlesex School where he was vice president of the Dramatics Club and had the lead role in several school plays. His high school yearbook predicted: “With characteristics such as these, you might even see him on Broadway.”William went to Tufts University and studied theology, but turned instead to acting and joined the Juilliard School (Drama Division Group 5: 1972–1976). His two classmates there were the late actors Christopher Reeve and Robin Williams.
Heidi Henderson William Hurt
William and Heidi Henderson were married for 4 years. The couple dated for 2 years after getting together in 1987 and married on 5th Mar 1989. They divorced after four years of their marriage on 1st Aug 1993. William and Heidi had 2 children, Samuel and William .
William Hurt Children
William has four children: one with Sandra Jennings, two with Heidi Henderson, and one with French actress, film director and screenwriter Sandrine Bonnaire.
William Hurt Movies |William Hurt Films
Movies From Year 2010 To 2019
- 2019 – The Last Full Measure as Tully
- 2018 – The Miracle Season as Ernie Found
- 2018 – Avengers: Infinity War as Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross
- 2016 – Race as Jeremiah Mahoney
- 2016 – Captain America: Civil War as Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross
- 2014 – Winter’s Tale as Isaac Penn
- 2013 – The Host as Jeb Stryder
- 2013 – The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby as Julian Rigby
- 2013 – Fire in the Blood as Narrator
- 2013 – Days and Nights as Herb
- 2011 – The River Why as Henning Hale-Orviston
- 2011 – Late Bloomers as Adam
- 2011 – Hellgate as Warren Mills
- 2010 – The Yellow Handkerchief as Brett Hanson
- 2010 – Robin Hood as William Marshal
Movies From Year 2001 To 2009
- 2009 – The Countess as György Thurzó
- 2008 – Vantage Point as President Harry Ashton
- 2008 – The Incredible Hulk as Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross
- 2007 – Mr. Brooks as Marshall
- 2007 – Beautiful Ohio as Simon Messerman
- 2007 – Noise as Mayor Schneer
- 2007 -Into the Wild Walt McCandless as Sean Penn
- 2006 – The Good Shepherd as CIA Director Philip Allen
- 2006 – The Legend of Sasquatch as John Davis
- 2006 – The King as David Sandow
- 2005 – A History of Violence as Richie Cusack
- 2005 – Neverwas as Dr. Peter Reed
- 2005 – Syriana as Stan Goff
- 2004 – The Blue Butterfly as Alan Osborne
- 2004 – The Village as Edward Walker
- 2002 – Tuck Everlasting as Angus Tuck
- 2002 – Changing Lanes as Doyle Gipson’s AA Sponsor
- 2002 – Nearest to Heaven as Matt
- 2001 – Rare Birds as Restaurateur
- 2001 – A.I. Artificial Intelligence as Professor Allen Hobby
- 2001 – The Simian Line as Edward
Movies From Year 1991 To 2000
- 2000 – Contaminated Man as David R. Whitman
- 2000 – The Miracle Maker as Jairus
- 1999 – The 4th Floor as Greg Harrison
- 1999 – Sunshine as Andor Knorr
- 1999 – The Big Brass Ring as William Blake Pellarin
- 1999 – Do Not Disturb as Walter Richmond
- 1998 – Lost in Space as Professor John Robinson
- 1998 – Dark City as Inspector Frank Bumstead
- 1998 – One True Thing as George Gulden
- 1997 – Loved as K.D. Dietrickson
- 1996 – A Couch in New York as Henry Harriston
- 1996 – Michael as Frank Quinlan
- 1996 – Jane Eyre as Edward Fairfax Rochester
- 1995 – Smoke as Paul Benjamin
- 1994 – Second Best as Graham Holt
- 1994 – Trial by Jury as Tommy Vesey
- 1993 – Mr. Wonderful as Tom
- 1992 – The Plague as Doctor Bernard Rieux
- 1991 – Until the End of the World as Sam Farber, alias Trevor McPhee
- 1991 – The Doctor as Dr. Jack MacKee
Movies From Year 1980 To 1990
- 1990 – I Love You to Death as Harlan James
- 1990 – Alice as Doug Tate
- 1988 – A Time of Destiny as Martin Larraneta
- 1988 – The Accidental Tourist as Macon Leary
- 1987 – Broadcast News as Tom Grunick
- 1986 – Children of a Lesser God as James Leeds
- 1985 – Kiss of the Spider Woman as Luis Alberto Molina
- 1983 – The Big Chill as Nick Carlton
- 1983 – Gorky Park as Arkady Renko
- 1981 – Eyewitness as Daryll Deever
- 1981 – Body Heat as Ned Racine
- 1980 – Altered States as Professor Edward Jessup
William Hurt TV Shows
- 2018 – Condor as Bob Partridge
- 2016 – Beowulf as Hrothgar
- 2016 – Goliath as Donald Cooperman
- 2015 – Humans as George Millican
- 2013 – Bonnie & Clyde as Frank Hamer
- 2013 – The Challenger as Richard Feynman
- 2011 – Moby Dick as Captain Ahab
- 2011 – Too Big to Fail as Henry Paulson
- 2009 -Damages as Daniel Purcell
- 2009 – Endgame as Willie Esterhuyse
- 2006 – Nightmares and Dreamscapes as Jason Renshaw
- 2004 – Frankenstein as Professor Waldman
- 2002 – The King of Queens as Dr. Taber
- 2002 – Master Spy: The Robert Hanssen Story as Robert Hanssen
- 2001 – The Flamingo Rising as Turner Knight
- 2001 – Varian’s War as Varian Fry
- 2000 – Frank Herbert’s Dune as Duke Leto I Atreides
- 1998 – Lee Marvin: A Personal Portrait by John Boorman as Self
- 1978 – Verna: U.S.O. Girl as Walter
- 1977 – Best of Families as James Lathrop
- 1977 – Kojak as Jake
William Hurt Actor
William started his career in stage productions and later he acted in films. He was a member of the acting company at Circle Repertory Company from 1977 to 1989. William won an Obie Award for his debut appearance there in Corinne Jacker’s My Life, and won a 1978 Theatre World Award for his performances in Fifth of July, Ulysses in Traction, and Lulu. William played Hamlet in 1979 under the direction of Marshall W. Mason opposite Lindsay Crouse and Beatrice Straight. His first major film role was in the science-fiction film Altered States where his performance as an obsessed scientist gained him wide recognition.
William Hurt Oscar
William received Oscar nominations for best actor for his roles in Children of a Lesser God (1986) and Broadcast News (1987) .
John Hurt William Hurt
John and William are not related just that they both share the last name and are both actors.
Marlee Matlin William Hurt
William dated Marlee Matlin for one year, and they lived together for two years. Autobiography I’ll Scream Later in her 2009, Matlin claimed that their relationship involved considerable drug abuse and physical abuse by William. William’s response to the accusations aired on CNN on April 13, 2009, his agent declined to respond, but William issued a statement the following day, which said: “My own recollection is that we both apologized and both did a great deal to heal our lives. Of course, I did and do apologize for any pain I caused. And I know we have both grown. I wish Marlee and her family nothing but good.”
William Hurt Hulk
Marvel Studios announced in June 2007 that william would portray the Hulk character General “Thunderbolt” Ross in 2008’s The Incredible Hulk alongside Edward Norton, Liv Tyler and Tim Roth.
William Hurt Cancer
William was diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer that spread to the bone. At a conference hosted by the Berkeley Institute and Biotech group Alin Foundation he said he didn’t wanted to hear the word chemo out of people’s mouth. He had fought tooth and nail for five years to change his life so that word didn’t happen to him.
Hurt decided to try a new cancer therapy called Side Effect-Free (SEF) Chemotherapy, an alternative treatment without the traditional chemo side effects. He said it saved his life.
William Hurt Net Worth
William has an estimated net worth of $18 million.
William Hurt Goliath
Goliath is a legal drama web television series by Amazon Studios. On December 1, 2015, the show was commissioned with a straight-to-series order of eight episodes. It premiered on October 13, 2016, on Amazon Video. Amazon announced on February 15, 2017 that the series had been renewed for a second season and confirmed that Clyde Phillips was joining the series as showrunner. The second seasons’ trailer was released on May 1, 2018. On June 15, 2018 the new season two consisting of eight episodes was released. The series was renewed for a third season on December 11, 2018, set to premiere in 2019.
Dune William Hurt
Frank Herbert’s Dune is a three-part science fiction television miniseries. It is based on the eponymous novel by Frank Herbert. The show was directed and adapted by John Harrison. The ensemble cast includes William Hurt as Duke Leto, Alec Newman as Paul Atreides, and Saskia Reeves as Jessica, as well as James Watson, P. H. Moriarty, Robert Russell, Ian McNeice, and Giancarlo Giannini.
William Hurt Doctor Movie
William Hurt starred in a film Doctor as Jack MacKee. A doctor who undergoes a transformation in his views about life, illness and human relationships. It was directed by Randa Haines. The film loosely based on Dr. Edward Rosenbaum’s 1988 book, A Taste Of My Own Medicine..
William Hurt Lost In Space
William starred in Lost in Space, a science-fiction adventure film directed by Stephen Hopkins. The story line is adapted from the 1965–1968 CBS television series Lost in Space. A number of actors from the TV show make cameo appearances.
It centres on the Robinson family, who undertake a voyage to a nearby star system to begin large-scale emigration from a soon-to-be uninhabitable Earth, but are thrown off course by a saboteur and must try to find their way home.
The film met with negative reviews, and earned $136.2 million worldwide.